Creamy Polony Pasta
- 1 packet pasta (cook and strain)
- 1 onion (grated)
- 1/4 green pepper (cubed)
- Few slices of RICA polony (cubed)
- 1 tsp green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chilies (optional)
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tin of peas
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 packet Knorr 3 cheeses sauce
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- Grated cheese
- Cook and strain pasta and set aside.
- In a pot, braise onions in oil/ghee until golden brown in colour. Add in green peppers and RICA polony and fry until soft.
- Add in the peas and all spices (green chilies, salt, turmeric powder, garlic, crushed red peppers, black pepper, and parsley) and cook until slightly thick. Add in the fresh cream and bring to the boil.
- Add pea mixture to pasta and toss.
- In a saucepan, make a cheese sauce by melting the butter and adding in flour (whisk), slowly add in the milk, while still whisking. Add in 2 tbsp of the 3 cheese sauce and boil until the mixture starts to thicken. Lastly, add in some grated cheese…
- Do NOT over boil as you don’t want it to become too thick. If it feels too thick, add more milk.
- Add the cheese sauce to pasta and toss once again. If the pasta gets a little dry, warm with a little more milk